General notes for users:
- Use the search options to browse a list of hotel offers to suit your needs
- Please note any special codes to quote when booking, to secure the best deal
- Note any special validity terms when browsing the offers
- Always check when booking for any special terms or conditions that may apply.
halfpricehotels.co.uk lists a range of hotel offers for you to browse and compare deals. We do not book rooms, check availability, or make enquiries on your behalf. You deal directly with the hotel, so unfortunately we cannot accept any responsibility for the quality of your stay. Please remember it is your responsibility to check terms and conditions (including cancellations), prices, extras, etc.
Click on a question below to see the answer:
- You’re called halfpricehotels.co.uk, so why don’t all the hotels offer half price deals?
- What makes halfpricehotels.co.uk different from other hotel or travel sites?
- Why do you only list UK & Irish hotel deals?
- Why did my search only have one or two results?
- Do I have to register to use halfpricehotels.co.uk?
- How do I unsubscribe once I have registered?
- What does the “Quote Code” mean?
- What does “Validity” mean?
- What is the Lowest Price Guarantee?
- What does “2FOR1” mean?
- How accurate are the rates listed on your site?
- I sent an email enquiry to a hotel listed on your site; why haven’t they replied?
- I contacted a hotel, and the special rate listed on your site was not available for the dates I wanted. Why not?
- I telephoned a hotel, and the person I spoke to claimed to know nothing about the special offer listed on your site.
- The results on your site listed an offer of a room for £85, but when I clicked through to the hotel’s site, the best rate I could find was only £105.
- I stayed at one of the hotels listed; how do I register a complaint?
- How do I add my hotel?
You’re called halfpricehotels.co.uk, so why don’t all the hotels offer half price deals?
Many of the hotels do offer half-price deals and we simply want to find and list the best hotel deals available in the UK & Ireland. These vary according to season, hotel policy, availability of rooms and many other factors. The discounts available on halfpricehotels.co.uk usually range between 30% and 70%.
What makes halfpricehotels.co.uk different from other hotel or travel sites?
Most other hotel and travel websites are designed to get you to book a room, or sell you something. Halfpricehotels.co.uk is a simple and easy-to-use directory site with a very clear aim – to provide the online community with a simple and comprehensive listing of the very best hotel deals available in the UK & Ireland.
Why do you only list UK & Irish hotel deals?
Good question! Apparently in the UK & Ireland we take millions of short breaks each year, so we will make sure you have the choice you want here first, and then we will move further afield, so keep visiting us! Or even better – register to get regular updates of new offers.
Why did my search only have one or two results?
Tricky one this – we want to offer you maximum choice, which is why we list hundreds of hotel offers! But they should also be very easy to browse, which is where our Search Options come in…try being less specific in your search, and see what happens then. Remember that we keep adding new hotel offers all the time so keep checking!
Do I have to register to use halfpricehotels.co.uk?
Some very special offers may only be available to registered users, so we would always recommend that you do register. Registered users also receive details of new offers before anyone else. Even if you decide not to register you will still find a great choice of deals on our site.
What does the “Quote Code” mean?
Many of the offers listed are exclusive to halfpricehotels.co.uk, so to take advantage of the savings you may need to quote a special code when booking your room. These codes are clearly listed with each hotel offer.
What does “Validity” mean?
Some of the offers have special terms, for example “valid for Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights”. This information and any other important restrictions are provided to save you time when searching.
What is the Lowest Price Guarantee?
Many of the listed hotels guarantee that if you book a room direct with them, usually through their own website, it will be the lowest rate generally available anywhere online. Many back this up with a guarantee that if you DO find a lower rate anywhere else, the hotel will match the price AND add a further discount as a bonus. Please see the relevant hotel’s own website for further details.
What does “2FOR1” mean?
Usually this means that if you book a room for two consecutive nights at the hotel, you only pay for one night’s stay. We advise you that when booking your room you should check any specific terms or conditions that apply.
How accurate are the rates listed on your site?
We list the information as it is provided by the hotels, and do so in good faith. Clearly it is in the hotels’ own interest to check this information and to make sure it is accurate. Prices and offer details are constantly updated on our site to ensure you are always getting the best possible available rates and offers.
I sent an email enquiry to a hotel listed on your site; why haven’t they replied?
We ask all of our listed hotels to reply promptly to all email enquiries, but this may not always be possible. Have you tried calling the hotel direct, or their Central Reservations number if they are part of a group?
In reality no business should be offering an email service if they are unable to respond satisfactorily, so please send us an email if you feel you have been repeatedly ignored or unfairly treated in any way.
I contacted a hotel, and the special rate listed on your site was not available for the dates I wanted. Why not?
All of the offers listed on our site are subject to availability, and sometimes hotels have a limited number of rooms available at this special rate. When these become fully booked, they may suggest alternative dates to you, or even offer you a different rate for that specific date. For example the original rate may apply to standard rooms, but they are prepared to offer you a discount on an upgraded room. Remember that the hotels are keen to get your business, so they should offer you alternatives. If not, please ask them to do so!
- Firstly it may be an exclusive offer from a hotel group, and you need to telephone Central Reservations to take advantage of the special rates. We try to indicate this wherever it applies, so it is always worth making a call.
- Secondly, and much more rarely, the person you spoke to may genuinely have no knowledge of the offer because of a lack of internal communication at the hotel, or because they have not been updated by their head office. Try again, and if you are still unsuccessful, note all the relevant details, including the name of the person you spoke to, and email us. We will do our best to resolve the situation on your behalf by contacting the hotel concerned.
The results on your site listed an offer of a room for £85, but when I clicked through to the hotel’s site, the best rate I could find was only £105.
This shouldn’t really happen, and we take steps to ensure the accuracy of all the offers listed. It may be that all the available rooms for the original offer had been completely booked.
As the offers are regularly refreshed, it is always worth checking again to find the best rate. If you still feel something isn’t working properly with our site, email us and we will deal with your enquiry as quickly as we can to try and rectify the problem.
I stayed at one of the hotels listed; how do I register a complaint?
We would always strongly advise travellers to register a complaint at the time with the hotel concerned. It is usually much quicker to resolve immediately, in person, rather than days after the event. Our responsibility here is to list details of the hotel offers, so to resolve your query or complaint you really need to contact a manager at the hotel. Of course if we hear repeated complaints about a specific hotel we will take it seriously. We will investigate and may remove the hotel from our site.
How do I add my hotel?
Easy, just go to List your Hotel and your hotel can be listed within hours!